STONE AND GRAVEL DIVISION
The Division started its operation as the Stone Mining Division in 1949. Then it was renamed to Stone and Gravel Division in 1952 after being expanded with the issues of gravel mining.
The Division undertakes the following as its duties:
- organizing events for facilitating professional knowledge expansion—and experience exchange—for the technical and economic experts working in the stone and gravel industry, with the purpose of enabling a nationwide professional coordination of industry activities and through the scientific activity of the division the personal meeting of experts working in different fields,
- providing scientific level foundation for the product structure modernization possibilities required by the industry through the wide-range dissemination of achievements and by discussing experiences,
- providing scientific level solutions for environmental issues,
- providing technical improvement that allows for technical and economic development under changing economic conditions,
- facilitating expert supply and advocacy activities,
- publishing knowledge regarding international scientific achievements.
Helps performing the tasks set forth by the division, by organizing national events. For example the KŐ ÉS KAVICSBÁNYÁSZ NAP (stone and gravel mining meeting) national conference (evolved from the Kőbányász Nap (stone mining meeting) event) and the DÍSZÍTŐKŐ KONFERENCIA (ornamental stone conference).