The Glass Division of SZTE was founded together with the Society in 1949.
The Division considers as its primary duty to organize professional programs and conferences which help the experts and engineers working in the glass industry and in the related fields to obtain new technological and practical knowledge, to strengthen their personal relationships with others who work in this field and to establish new relationships. It also provides a platform and the possibility for companies to introduce themselves with new technologies or products that can be utilized in the glass industry.
To this purpose, the division organizes at least two glass industry conferences per year with emphasis on the following topics:
- fire-resistant materials, combustion technology
- glass production raw materials,
- laboratory technologies,
- environment friendly and energy-saving technological processes,
- modern glass melting furnaces,
- automation, measurement technology,
- environment protection,
- costs, economical operation.
The Division maintains a professional relationship with the Hungarian Glass Industry Association (MÜSZ)
The Scientific Society of the Silicate Industry is a member of the European Glass Association (ESG) and the International Glass Association (ICG).
Our experts represent the Hungarian glass technology and industry in the following Technical Committees (TC) of the International Glass Association (ICG):
- TC – 7: Seed formation, crystallization, glass ceramics
- TC – 11: Connection between the fire-resistant materials and glass
- TC – 13: Environment protection
- TC – 17: Archaeology
- TC – 23: Glass science engineering education and further vocational training
- TC – 26: Biological meltability of glass