The Cement Divison was founded in 1949, at the same that the Society. The Division would like to provide a forum, where the research centres, the institutions of higher education and the qualified experts of the industry could exchange information and experiences, or could think together on innovative technologies and develop opportunities which are useful for the cement industry.
This platform could offer some multidisciplinary connections, through other divisions, or associations. Besides the opportunities of communication between experts, the Divison strives to spread new scientific results and industrial knowledge. The members of the Division contribute to express their opinion on the technical-economic adjustments and represent the interest of the Division.
The highlighted topics of the Division:
- modern cement-, and lime production,
- environmentally friendly and energy saving methods,
- utilization of secondary raw materials (waste materials),
- development of products and technologies with high added value,
- automation and measurement technologies,
- measurement and control of product properties,
- environmental protection,
- development perspectives of the industry.
The members of the Division have professional connections with the technical groups of the CEMBETON and with its research institute, the CEMKUT Ltd. Furthermore, it has national and international partners.
In the future, the Cement Division intends to organize at least one scientific day, and/or conference each year, where the national and international scientific experts could present their latest research topics.