BRICK AND TILE DIVISION
The Brick and Tile Division was founded on March 12, 1949 and was originally named Ceramics Division which soon evolved into two independent divisions: the Hard Ceramics and Fine Ceramics divisions. In 1995, the Hard Ceramics Division changed its name to Brick and Tile Division.
Since its foundation, the activity of the Division is inseparable from the evolution of the brick and tile industry. The Division played a significant role in the industrial development, in establishing good relationships between the industry and SZTE and in the high-quality training of the technical and economic intellectual workers in the brick and tile industry.
Through the seminars and club meetings of the Society, the young technical experts can familiarize themselves with the current technical and economic issues, with the technical development issues of individual factories, companies and of the entire industry, with research projects and with experiences obtained on study trips abroad.
The largest event of the Hungarian brick and tile industry is the two-day conference called TÉGLÁS NAPOK organized since 1995 in cooperation with the Hungarian Brick Association.
Are the most important questions concerning the industry: quality maintenance, environment protection, standardization, effects of implementing EU regulations.
Our division participates in the promotion of brick industry products demonstrating their advantages and beneficial architectural utilization.